It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:49 pm

Holy PPB!! Where's the JJB love? 
Pink Expert!!

Post Holy PPB!! Where's the JJB love?
So about 2 weeks ago I got back from our disneyland trip! Excited to spot some wild JJB's..here is my Count..

JJB: 2 :shock: 1. a perky BRB on the first day. 2. SW BFF on the day we checked out, and it was at the hotel!

PPB: 21 :shock: :shock: What? Why so many PPB? most of the bags were the same style too..the "back pack" style. But with PPB, they don't seem to hold up as well as JJB. Is it the "prints" of the bags that make it look like a large purse, etc. instead of a diaper bag. Although I loove the JJB prints, a lot of them scream "designer" diaper bag..even if one doesn't know about JJB. But PPB bags do not :( if I didn't know about the "brand" I would guess they were just purses, or a ladies travel bag because they really don't look like diaper bags. the JJB Behave is the only exception. + the PPB bags don't look very comfortable, especially the back pack style bags..the straps look very flimsy. I'm sure the BFF back pack style is much more comfortable(although the BFF doesn't work for me personally)

Did I just go at a particular time where the JJB lovers were not out yet? :lol: or is PPB becoming more popular. I'm so torn. Although I love JJB and there are definitely some bags/accessories I probably won't part with, I really love the classic/sophisticated prints of PPB, but not a huge fan of the style of the bags. Does this mean I'm cheating on JJB mentally? :lol: what are your thoughts. JJB style with a more sophistacted print(which JJB has done some...the vines and the new frosting prints...good color combos) I just can't get over how pretty the PPB prints are! :oops:

Feedback! http://www.ju-ju-be.com/PinkRoom2/viewt ... 3&t=117960
ISO: purple tween, MJ tween EUC please!!

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:44 pm
Profile Send private message
Madame Pinky

Post Re: Holy PPB!! Where's the JJB love?
I think it may be because PPB collaborated with Disney recently. Don't know how many prints were a result of the collaboration but I know the Scottish tartan one was designed by the same artist that designed apparel for It's A Small World series. so maybe Disney promoted PPB through their mailing list of VIP customers or something and generated more interest that way?

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:01 am
Madame Pinky

Ha! I know what you mean! I see soooo many PPBs around here. Not sure why there isn't more love for JJB around these parts, but maybe with some of the new prints, more people will convert over.

I was at the Los Angeles Zoo yesterday and saw tons of winnie the pooh type diaper bags, no JJBs there either :(

My Feedback

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:04 am
Pink Expert!!

seedoubleyou wrote:
I think it may be because PPB collaborated with Disney recently. Don't know how many prints were a result of the collaboration but I know the Scottish tartan one was designed by the same artist that designed apparel for It's A Small World series. so maybe Disney promoted PPB through their mailing list of VIP customers or something and generated more interest that way?

:shock: Really? maybe it's just a california/Hollywood thing. they seem to use them in movies more when there is kids involved!

Feedback! http://www.ju-ju-be.com/PinkRoom2/viewt ... 3&t=117960
ISO: purple tween, MJ tween EUC please!!

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:09 am
Sew in love with Pink!

Both JJB and PPB are Southern California companies. I believe PPB is in Ventura and then we know JJB is San Clemente. PPB is older, founded in 2000 so they've had more exposure over time.

I don't care for the bag styles other than the touring tote. I like the coated canvas as its wipeable but the other fabrics just aren't durable IMO. And I really don't care for 99% of the prints. They don't look like any mom bags I'd carry and I think they are distinct enough that the majority of people recognize them as diaper bags anyway. PPB did do the Its a Small World line, I think there were 3 prints (Indian Summer, Scottish Highlands and Russian Holiday) to benefit UNICEF I believe.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:32 am
Profile Send private message WWW
It all adds up to PINK!

ITA when we went to DL I saw a TON of boxy's and a few sashay satchels and only 3 JJBs :(. I tried a boxy and just found it so shapeless and difficult to maneuver. I like some of the PPB prints but I am definitely more of a JJB EL girl! I think both companies have great prints they just appeal to different buyers. I have also tried the touring tote and found the behave MUCH more versatile which is why I sold my touring tote and now own 2 behaves ;)

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:16 am
2PinkFeet

I never see JJBs here and that's why I loved them. Who wants to carry the same bag as every other Joe Schmo? Not me.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:22 am
Pink Panther

I'm on the ease coast, and I see more PPBs too... I personally can't get past having to dry clean a diaper bag. I don't know about everyone else, but I rarely spend $$$ on myself. The ONLY things I have spent big money on for myself would be my 2 coach bags (that I'm selling) and my JJBs... And the coach was BEFORE I got into JJB.... I could never spend WELL over $100 on a bag that is designed to carry around poop, breastmilk, food and misc creams and ointments if it isn't machine washable.... I do love the look of the PPBs, but I think the new JJB print sea glass looks similar... It has a boho feel to it to me :)

PT BeHip
OB BeHip
MM Mini Hip (in line for alteration)
OB Mini Hip (in line for alteration)
OB Quick
4 SS Quicks
My feedback link viewtopic.php?f=290&t=168407

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:23 am
It all adds up to PINK!

~Tracy~ wrote:
I never see JJBs here and that's why I loved them. Who wants to carry the same bag as every other Joe Schmo? Not me.

good point!

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:24 am
Pink Panther

nikitay wrote:
~Tracy~ wrote:

good point!

Yeah, I agree. I don't think I've seen a JJB IRL on anyone except at Disney world....

PT BeHip
OB BeHip
MM Mini Hip (in line for alteration)
OB Mini Hip (in line for alteration)
OB Quick
4 SS Quicks
My feedback link viewtopic.php?f=290&t=168407

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:25 am
Pink Fanatic

I saw 6 at Disney that same week...

A Tiki Packabe
A MJ All
2 SW Alls
A SW BFF
A Perky Packabe

But yeah, WAY more PPB.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:46 am
It all adds up to PINK!

todzwife wrote:
I saw 6 at Disney that same week...

A Tiki Packabe
A MJ All
2 SW Alls
A SW BFF
A Perky Packabe

But yeah, WAY more PPB.

That is a nice variety of prints!

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:56 am
Pink Panther

I love my JJB, but I can see where the prints on the PPB would attract a different group of moms. Peoples tastes are different. I personally don't like the styles of the PPB I love my JJB more they are more practical and as their logo says smart bags for smart people. I will say though that I just recently bought a Skip Hop versa because I was wanting a more purse like bag that still fit everything I needed. The Behave didn't work for me to small. So I hope their new mommy bag will open up that market.

Proud Owner of:
Purple All
Lush PB
BB PB
Cob Set

PT BFF
SS/Champ Spicy

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:09 am
SupercalifragilisticexPINKalidocious

seedoubleyou wrote:

ppb almost got me with that one ;)

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:26 am
Lip Smackin' Pink

I didn't see any JJB when we went, we were only there 2 days though. I didn't notice any PPB either though. I didn't bring my JJB to Disney when I went just because none of the bags worked for what I needed, I did have 2 Mightys at the hotel with me though.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:41 am