It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 am

Holy PPB!! Where's the JJB love? 
Pink Expert!!

Post Re: Holy PPB!! Where's the JJB love?
I see PPB all over here too and rarely if ever JJB. I was at a large toddler bday party yesterday and all our diaper bags were in a pile. I noticed 2 PPBs, 2 Skip Hops, and my BeHave showing off right on top. I think part of it is distribution, I hadn't really seen JJB around a lot before the Costco thing either. There is only one high end baby store here with a few JJBs, all the others have Skip Hop and PPB and other various brands, Nordstrom nearest me only has PPB.

I actually probably would like the PPB prints more than JJB, but I don't like the organization of their bags and I'm a huge organization freak. I was looking to treat myself to a PPB when I found an All at Costco and then stumbled into the PR to figure out which JJB would work best for me. I almost couldn't find a print I liked, I'm more of a neutrals person, but some grew on me and here I am with a collection. Accidentally in love with JJB. :lol:

Feedback: http://www.ju-ju-be.com/pinkroom/viewtopic.php?f=290&t=164445

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:52 am
Profile Send private message
Pink Expert!!

I normally don't see any JJB around here either

My FSOT feedback thread: http://www.ju-ju-be.com/PinkRoom2/viewtopic.php?f=291&t=137299
ImageImage

Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:02 am
Pink Freak!!!

borncrunchy wrote:
I personally can't get past having to dry clean a diaper bag.

This 100% Totally impractical. I don't care how pretty it may be, if I can't actually USE it I don't want to own it. And incidentally, I'm not a huge fan of their prints anyway. Truth be told, the only JJB prints that had me at "hello" were EV and CL. I have since come to love many more of course ;)

Around here I have never seen another JJB except for a PL that I met at a g2g and my neighbor that I turned on to the brand (so that hardly counts). Certainly none "in the wild". But I think I've only ever seen 1 PPB in the wild here too. See LOTS of VB, or at least that's what I think I'm seeing. Not real familiar with that brand.

My Feedback Thread

ISO: OOAK Lights

Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:11 am
Pink Expert!!

~Tracy~ wrote:
I never see JJBs here and that's why I loved them. Who wants to carry the same bag as every other Joe Schmo? Not me.

Yeah, you're totally right! 90% of the PPB bags I saw were the same style different prints...so maybe just that is popular. But dry clean? come on..I almost thought you were joking! :lol: I LOVE that JJB is completely washable! and after getting a glimpse at the new sea glass print!! Holy Smokes! Finally a print that is calling my name!! :lol: I'm so excited to be in love at first sight with a new print! I'm just worried it's not going to come in the bag I like(hip) other than the mighty the All and BFF don't work at all for me :( and the other bags are discontinued. what's a girl to do with a perfect print...but no bags that work? I hope they introduce 1 or 2 more new bags along with it! that would be stupendous!

As far as DL goes...I really didn't like having to grab my packabe every time we left the stroller to go on rides..it just got too heavy for what I had in there. the MB worked out better when I had to bring a change of clothes, etc. and sometimes...I just left it crammed in there with everything else :confused: :oops: the last 2 days I just used my large DZ set with a couple of small set pieces for organization, with everything I needed to carry with me and left the snacks, large ziploc with diapers and wipes, and even left the jacket and DS favorite blanket and cups....who want to carry all of that around when there is no immediate need for it while in line? too much of a hassel and way too worried about my JJB's a MB with a zipper would probably work out best if anything JJB...a regular backpack would have been much more comfortable! hopefully next time we go all I may need is a mini! :D

But I do like JJB over PPB once all the pros and cons are wighed! thanks for steering me back toward the JJB light!! :lol:

Feedback! http://www.ju-ju-be.com/PinkRoom2/viewt ... 3&t=117960
ISO: purple tween, MJ tween EUC please!!

Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:25 am
Pink Elite

Here in my part of Australia I mostly see JJ Cole or OiOi bags. On very rare occasions I might see a JJB, mainly PP BRB. I have to admit my go-to bag at the moment is a PPB Boxy backpack. Is it less structured than my BeSpicy, and I love that for everyday.

That said, if I am going out all day, I cannot go past my PB and I love my Spicy for special occasions.

I have finally had regret about selling a JJB too. I wish I still had my Befab, and the chances of getting one here in Australia, for anywhere near a reasonable price is pretty slim.

Bl/PP EL BeMajor
Bl/Dz EL BeHave
Bl/Dx EL BizBe
Bl/Dz EL Thrifty
Steel/Lilac EL Rich
MM and SS MightyBes
Br/Bg Packabe
MM Hip
MM BFF
MM Between
ME Be Prepared
ME Set
ME Shady
Various quicks

Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:02 am
Profile Send private message WWW
Pink Expert!!

PPB lover here :oops:

And btw, their glazed stuff does not have to be dry cleaned. And their other fabrics really dont get that dirty if some reasonable amount of care is taken.

I'm a JJB girl too, but I have a deep love for my Petunia's

Janelle

Mama to Natalia, 3

MY Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=290&t=142639

GO PACK GO!

Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:59 am
Hot Pink

I love the PPB prints, but not really the styles/function of their bags. I was just looking at the new Pottery Barn Kids catalog last night and there were PPB boxy backpacks for sale in the catalog! That probably reaches a pretty large audience.

CCC set & pp
CoB MB, cp, quicklets
RE BRB, ES SB & HBB
Quicks: Ff, Iconic, BF, PT
BF MB
FC: PI, Farfalle
PT Shady

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:57 pm
Pink-A-Licious

Baglover19 wrote:
PPB lover here :oops:

And btw, their glazed stuff does not have to be dry cleaned. And their other fabrics really dont get that dirty if some reasonable amount of care is taken.

I'm a JJB girl too, but I have a deep love for my Petunia's

I recently found the PPB love. I have several JJBs that work great in certain situations, but I also love my Sashay Satchels.

That said, I can't wait to get a Sea Glass MB.

FP BRB 2.0
PerfP Mini SB
FP Mini SB
FP SuperStar
FP Starlet
PerfP FC, FP FC, Stargyle FC
PPW, GG, CL, FB, DD, DZ Sets

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:22 pm
Queen Pinkie

Not being able to wash them is the turn off for me. I almost bought one new recently but ended up buying more JJB with my money instead.

I am hesitant to buy one used since you don't know where the bag has been and what invisible germs are on it. The fact I can not toss it in the wash is clearly a deal breaker for me.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:32 pm
Pink Expert!!

I also love Petunia's prints, but not the bags so much. The boxy is too much of a square for me, it just screams DIAPER BAG!!! The touring tote I love, but it is really just a smidge too small so mine doesn't get used much. I don't have any idea what the clutch is even for. Lol.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:48 pm
Profile Send private message YIM WWW
2PinkFeet

Where is this new print sneak peek?

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:56 pm
Madame Pinky

I love Petunia's prints and really find of he Cake series, DH thinks they are very elegant vs JJB in general and I have to agree. But the price! I could only afford the Cake clutch and at BS pricing, even then I was thinking about a much bigger JJB bag I could have bought at that price. I really love the metallic look and soft feel of brocade, feels delicate and smooth like an expensive fitted Chinese gown. But after owning a touring tote in it it drove me mad, fabric kept snagging everywhere and I wasn't even walking among thorny shrubs. I kept pulling loose threads to neaten the appearance but it got to the point I was pulling out too many and the pattern was getting unrecognizable so I had to sell it. In church there was this mom of 5 who carried the Boxy in brocade and it looked so ratty after maybe 3 mos use. All squishy and out of shape if she didn't pack it to the brim and loose threads sticking out in every direction.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:06 pm
Queen Pinkie

seedoubleyou wrote:
I love Petunia's prints and really find of he Cake series, DH thinks they are very elegant vs JJB in general and I have to agree. But the price! I could only afford the Cake clutch and at BS pricing, even then I was thinking about a much bigger JJB bag I could have bought at that price. I really love the metallic look and soft feel of brocade, feels delicate and smooth like an expensive fitted Chinese gown. But after owning a touring tote in it it drove me mad, fabric kept snagging everywhere and I wasn't even walking among thorny shrubs. I kept pulling loose threads to neaten the appearance but it got to the point I was pulling out too many and the pattern was getting unrecognizable so I had to sell it. In church there was this mom of 5 who carried the Boxy in brocade and it looked so ratty after maybe 3 mos use. All squishy and out of shape if she didn't pack it to the brim and loose threads sticking out in every direction.

How sad I would be after spending so much on a pretty bag. Ya know there are only so many prints I actually like of PPB... I think its because a lot of them remind me of my grandmothers curtains growing up. :?

Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:08 pm
Pink Expert!!

it's good to know that the PPB don't hold up near as well as JJB...+ I don't think PPB has actuall "wallet" accesories. every item is particularly meant for baby! that's another thing I like about JJB..although most of them have been discontinued!

Feedback! http://www.ju-ju-be.com/PinkRoom2/viewt ... 3&t=117960
ISO: purple tween, MJ tween EUC please!!

Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:51 pm
Neo-Pink

I LOVE JJB. With my son, I carried a lands end bag that was great, but when my first dd was born, I wanted something different and I found a purple brb that was just perfect. That was 5 years ago and I've always had at least one JJB bag (usually way more than one :lol: ) since then.

I also really love my PPBs though! I think they're gorgeous and the glazed ones wear really well. All of mine still look brand new and I'm not SUPER careful with them either. At first, I had a hard time getting past that awful strip of velcro on the boxys, but I ended up removing it and making my own magnetic closure to replace it with and now it's just perfect. I was able to come up with something that completely covers the area where the velcro was so you'd never know it had been altered.

I think they're both great bags and I love them for different reasons. I will say though that JJB is kind of special to me because of that purple brb.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm