It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:06 am

To not try so hard... 
"...and on her farm they have PINK Geese.....EIEIO!"

Post To not try so hard...
This year, I"m going to try to not try so hard. I'm a perfectionist; when I do something I feel I need to do it just right. Homeschooling my kids? I want the day completely planned out and to go just so. Cleaning the house? I want it neat and tidy. Doing a project? I want it to be perfect. Picking out a gift? It's got to be just great for the recipient. This leads to my crazy-high stress level, staying up til all hours of the night to get things done, being busy when I should be enjoying what's going on around me. So in 2011, I"m resolving to make a very conscious effort to do the things I want to do, but not try so hard. My house can be clean, but it doesn't have to be spotless. My school day can be planned, but it doesn't have to so planned that I'm running myself ragged doing it. I'm going to make myself not stress the details so much and accept that good enough will really be good enough in most cases. So here's to my year of not trying so hard to be everything and do everything!

Mommy to DD#1 4/23/05, DD#2 1/6/07, DS#1 1/16/08, DD#3 6/12/09, and DS#2 7/16/12!

Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:19 pm
Profile Send private message